All 560+ SAGE journals will be migrated individually onto the next generation of the SAGE Journals Online platform, supported by HighWire Press’s “2.0” technology (H2O). Sage has already begun moving journals for an example The american journal of sports medicine. This titles has moved where for an example Review of Market Integration has not: The URL’s for journals are not going to change – that means that already existing url’s you have now that works will continue to do so.
Sage has made this list of things that are new to the new platform:
- Expanded discipline search and browse – New capabilities to search and browse content across 50+ disciplines.
- Redesigned portal page –Targeted options for improved navigation by all types of users.
- Abstract preview – Mouse-over entries from tables of contents and search results to previews abstracts without leaving the page.
- Popular articles list – Find most-viewed and most-cited article lists from all pages within a journal site.
- Keyword pivot searches –Perform easy quick searches from hyperlinked keywords, discovering other relevant articles within that journal with one click.
- Feature hideaway – Optimize your display of journal features and article menus with expand/collapse customizations retained throughout your session.
- Pop-up references – See citations pop up within full text journals when you hover over reference notations within articles.