Access this eBook through a mobile site or a tablet browser
This eBook is provided by Aalborg University Library through the CRC Netbase platform and besides from accessing it on your computer or your tablet browser, you can access it through a mobile site on an Ipad or an Iphone.
It is possible to use the feature “add to home screen” on your iPad/iPhone to create a shortcut to the CRC Netbase platform, and access the eBook through this. Be aware that accessing subscribed content requires campus network access. For off campus access to subscribed content from Aalborg University Library, you can register for an account and use the feature “pair your mobile device”.
This is how you access the CRC Netbase platform through the mobile-site
- On your iPad, go to our list of ebook vendors and choose the option CRC Netbase while you’re on the campus wireless network (AAU-1x)
- Make a search (E.g. “Chrome”)
- Choose the “settings” page and register under “My account”
- When you have made a personal account, go to “my account”
- Log in with your CRC Netbase credentials, and a confirmation email is sent to your email account for you to verify.
- Go to CRC Netbase main website, and choose “mobile” at the upper right corner.
- Press “Pair device” and write down the code obtained.
- Go to mobile site, choose settings, choose device pairing, and enter the code.
- Your device is now paired for 90 days and you will have access to Aalborg University Library’s subscribed content when you are off campus access.
The mobile site is compatible with the following browsers: Safari, Chrome and Opera Mini on your iPad.
Download options to your iPad/iPhone
You can view a pdf file on screen, or download it (temporarily) to Bluefire Reader and use the various tools in this reader. You can only download or view chapters from the book and not the entire book at one time.
You can browse subject categories, book series, books, or use the simple search (with options for selecting: title, author or all fields)
When reading a chapter you can add it to your favorites. You need to create a personal profile and log on to use this option.
Social networks and sharing
You can share a link to content either via email or social networks (Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn)